Monday, December 14, 2009

Vista FTW

For all of those Vista haters out there, get a life. Vista is proven better than Mac OSX, security wise, compatability wise, and I would guarantee that my PC at home would trump any Mac within a 50 mile radius.



You see, I started getting into the whole PC vs. Mac debate a couple years ago since I bought my own first computer, which I still own and operate to this very day. I have also upgraded it since then installing a new video card and almost 3 extra GB of RAM(Random Access Memory). And I can't stress enough how much I despise Mac owners. It's not because they choose Mac over PC, that I'm fine with, but they are so arrogant about their product. If I mention one thing about my computer around one of these cultist conforming zombies they immediatly jump on my back on how 'if you had a mac....'. Most of what they're saying isn't even true. So I'm here to hopefully save some of you from joining the Apple Cult with 5 reasons why I choose PC and why it's the logical choice.



1. "Macs are more secure and cannot get hacked or get viruses." As a friend of mine, Lex Luthor, would say...."WRROOOOOONG!!!!" Not only can Macs get hacked but in a contest in Australia a hacker known as "gwerdna" gained root control of the computer in under 30 minutes. It's not that Macs can't get viruses, but why on Earth would someone want to hack into a Macintosh? If a census(poll taken from the entire population) was taken on what OS(Operating System) someone was running at home the size of the Macintosh comparison to how many people have PCs running a form of Windows would be not even comparable. Why would hackers waste their time with that small of a population? Hack into something worthwhile.



2. "Macs are compatable and can run anything Windo-" let me stop you right there. NOOOO. Most Apple consumers might think this is true, but in fact it is downright false. There are parallels like emulators that will simulate a Windows PC running a particular program, but most of these won't even run simple Windows games like Freecell or Pinball because they don't support DirectX 9.



3. I love upgrading. Just taking something making it better and fitting it to your own personality just fills my interest. If you want a sleek new computer case for your PC you can order one from an unlimited number of suppliers. But the best thing I love is that if I want to replace anything inside of my computer and upgrade it, all I have to do is turn it off, slide out the side panel and switch them out.



4. "Vista is hard to use, Macs are just easier, they 'just work.'" Pahaha. Vista is really easy to use, anyone that has had previous experience, and I cannot stress this enough but surfing the internet on a XP or 98' Windows OS is not experience, will tell you that it is so much easier installing anything on a Vista Operating System. And if you plug a piece of hardware like a printer, scanner, or webcam and don't have the CD that comes with it to install it, Vista will search the web for you for that particular software to download and install sed piece of hardware. Now that's one smart cookie.



5. And my all time hated answer of when asking someone why they think a Mac is better...."Because they are." AAAAAARGH! *EXPLODES VIOLENTLY* That is not a good reason....I mean come on guys, can't you come up with anything better? That's like when you were young and asked your mother for something at the grocery store and she says no but her only reason is "Because I said so."



I've been using my computer for 2 years now, upgraded it 3 times (Video card, extra ram, and added a second monitor which would be my favorite upgrade) and could not be happier with it. I'm also proud to add that my gf is also a Vista user and has a laptop with Vista installed on it. The only problem I could see is if she wanted to upgrade her laptop, I myself am not familiar with laptop hardware except that the hard drive is located on the bottom. Well I hope I have either enlightened you or pissed you off....either way please comment!



2 comments:

  1. lol idc either way whichever helps me with internet is fine by me lol but yeah nice blogging dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the blog but i also like mac. its not that i dint like windows. i have a windows pc myself but i just think that macs are more fun to use.

    ReplyDelete